Probate is a court-supervised proceeding in which a last will and testament is authenticated (if there is a will) and an executor is named to distribute the decedent’s assets. While probate in Pennsylvania is not as onerous as some would have you believe, losing a loved one is difficult enough without the added stress of having to make important legal and financial decisions while grieving. For many families, the probate process can seem overwhelming.
At Cardinal Estate Planning, we can lift the burden of probate off your shoulders and guide you through the process from start to finish. If you have been named as executor of your loved one’s estate, we can help you with all of the following based on your particular needs and goals:
- Interpretation of the terms of the will
- Ensure instructions in the will are carried out
- Beneficiary identification and location
- Identification and distribution of estate assets
- Disposition of real estate and business interests, if any
- File all federal estate and Pennsylvania inheritance tax forms
- Protect the interests of beneficiaries
- Navigate the legal process involved if your loved one passed away intestate, that is, without a valid will
If you decide not to serve as executor, we can help you select the ideal person to fulfill that role. In addition, we can work with your loved one’s other advisors to ensure an accurate, streamlined settlement of the estate.
Contact a Pennsylvania Probate Attorney
You are not alone during this difficult time. We understand what you are going through and are here to help. We invite you to contact us for a consultation at your earliest convenience to discuss your particular situation, needs, and goals.